Last updated on December 11, 2017
1. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas / Homeward Bound” – Cassandra Kubinski. A piano-led rendition of the forlorn standard segues right into the Simon and Garfunkel classic. How has this pairing not happened more often? A great mashup.
2. “City of David” – The Gray Havens. The indie-pop duo goes heavy vocals on this Christmas track, layering effects-laden waves of vocals on top of each other. It’s a suitably expansive, reverent, wide-open song.
3. “Linus & Lucy” – Steelism. It’s hard to take on a classic, but Steelism nails it. This rumbling, punchy, modern indie version of the Vince Guaraldi masterpiece is fun, quirky, and strong. Press repeat!
4. “Oh Holiday!” – The Lighthouse and the Whaler. Christmas + perky indie-pop is a winning combination almost every time. This one will make you shake shoulders and maybe even your hips.
5. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Lindby. Lindby never disappoints. The versatile, genre-hopping band has delivered a fairly straightforward take on the Christmas standard, but the be-bopping bass and fantastic vocal performances make it a strong contender. The following two tracks are also wonderful–you need to check them out too.